About Attorney Kerenssa Perez
Out of many applicants available, Huguenor Mattis, A.P.C. selected attorney Kerenssa Perez because of her quick understanding of the Huguenor Mattis, A.P.C. approach to cases:
- Understand the client’s goals;
- Work with the team to create a successful case plan;
- Zealously advocate for the client in the execution of the plan.
Mrs. Perez understands that clients have placed their absolute trust in her hands and she passionately advocates their interests. Mrs. Perez has successfully represented clients in child custody modification hearings, argued and defeated frivolous restraining order requests, and finalized cases during Mandatory Settlement Conferences. She has also prevailed in oppositions to spousal support modification and attorney's fees requests. Mrs. Perez has experience working closely with clients who have suffered domestic violence or child abuse. She has conducted emergency hearings and temporary no contact orders for her clients. She is experienced in requesting police reports, witness declarations, and child welfare services reports, as well as working with discovery demands to uncover evidence in child custody, property, and support cases.
Mrs. Perez attended the University of California, San Diego, where she received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and Sociology with a focus on Law and Society. After college, Mrs. Perez worked with the Legal Aid Society. During law school, she interned at the San Diego Public Defender’s office, where her love for oral advocacy began. Mrs. Perez quickly gained advocacy and litigation skills with a high volume of cases. Mrs. Perez was a member of the Moot Court Honors Board in law school, where she coordinated and planned intra-school competitions and won third place on an appellate advocacy competition. She also participated in a prestigious summer program exclusively focusing on oral advocacy skills taught by the best public defenders and district attorneys in San Diego.
Born and raised in San Diego, Mrs. Perez sees the practice of law as a way to assist people in some of their most vulnerable times. She will work diligently for the clients of Huguenor Mattis, A.P.C.
Mrs. Perez is bilingual (English and Spanish).
- J.D., California Western School of Law
- B.A., University of San Diego
- Certified Legal Intern, Adult Felony Division, Office of the Primary Public Defender
- Certified Legal Intern, Juvenile Delinquency Unit, Office of the Public Defender
- Christian Legal Society
- Moot Court Honors Board - Executive Board Member
- Practical Training of Law Students (PTLS) Certified
- Lexis Nexis Student Brand Ambassador