About Attorney Thomas Huguenor
Board Certified as a Specialist in Family Law. The Law Office of Thomas M. Huguenor practices exclusively in the area of family law assisting clients with Legal Separation, Dissolution of Marriage (Divorce), child custody, property division and other family law matters.
- Graduated Monmouth College.
- Graduated California Western School of Law JD Degree. 1972
- Ran the Family Law Division of Two Law Firms. 1972-1976
- Brought the first Father’s Rights Group to San Diego. 1975
- Testified in State Legislature in favor of Joint Custody Law. 1979
- (Joint Custody law passed in California. 1979)
- Certified as a Specialist in Family Law by State Bar of California.
- Board of Legal Specialization. 1981
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell (highest rating category) 1981
- Received AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale Hubbell
- Wrote Family Law Book for National Business Inst. (San Diego Seminars), Continuing Education for Professionals. 1985-1988
Mr. Huguenor has lectured on numerous areas regarding Family Law. For example, property characterization and division. Child Custody: Joint and Sole custody orders.
Mr. Huguenor has written on areas of Family Law, for example in the area of Child Custody – When Joint Custody should not be granted, Move Away (Relocation) child custody cases, and Parental Alienation in child custody cases. 2005 to present.
Mr. Huguenor expanded his family law practice into Move Away Child Custody cases (Relocation Custody) and continues representation in this area. 2001 to present.
Mr. Huguenor has consistently received “best lawyer” awards (Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Lawyers; Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers LL LexisNexis; Top Family Law Attorney, San Diego Magazine). 2005 to present.
Mr. Huguenor has served as a Judge Pro Tem in the San Diego Superior Court. His practice areas include:
- Uncontested Divorce
- Child Custody
- Military Divorce
- Military Child Custody
- Temporary Protective Orders