About Attorney Thomas M. Huguenor
Upon graduating with his Juris Doctor degree, Thomas M. Huguenor was hired by two law firms to handle all family law cases in their offices, from 1972–1976. After starting his own firm in 1975, Mr. Huguenor received recognition as a distinguished attorney in family law in San Diego. For more than forty years, Thomas Huguenor has focused on aggressive, high-powered representation in a variety of divorce and family law issues.
Inspired by the words of his father, who first suggested that Thomas look to a career in law, Mr. Huguenor decided on family law because of his "innate ability" to get along with people (helped, no doubt, by his college background in psychology and sociology).
Thomas M. Huguenor has communicated and worked with professionals in child custody estrangement cases as well as in parental alienation cases. Mr. Huguenor’s work in court has led to findings of parental alienation, which in turn led to child custody modification orders.
Mr. Huguenor is approved to be in The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers in family law which, according to Martindale-Hubbell®, "includes only those select law practices that have earned the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory and have been designated by their colleagues as preeminent in their field."
Additionally, Mr. Huguenor has served as a Judge Pro Tem in the San Diego Superior Court, hearing family law cases. He understands the uncertainty, emotional stress, and frustration that comes with family law and devotes his practice to representing the rights and interests of his clients with integrity.
- J.D., California Western School of Law
- B.S., Monmouth College
- San Diego Family Law Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Arizona Bar Association
- Brought the first Father’s Rights Group to San Diego (1975)
- Testified in State Legislature in favor of Joint Custody Law (1979)
- Taught two courses on family law for National Business Institute, which included writing the course manual (Continuing Education for Professionals 1985–1988)
- Lectured on numerous family law subjects, including Property Characterization and Division as well as Child Custody: Joint and Sole Custody Orders
- Mr. Huguenor has consistently made the "Top Lawyers in San Diego" in the field of family law, as recognized by San Diego Magazine.
- Member of the Expert Network - an invitation-only group where "Membership is extended solely to the most qualified professionals and business owners from each state who demonstrate superior influence, leadership, reputation and knowledge."
- Member of Lawyers of Distinction: "…candidates who meet the criteria of our screening process have demonstrated a high degree of peer recognition and professional competence, placing them in the top 10% of all attorneys in the United States."
- Member of the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys (AIFLA). This is an invitation-only group. Their criteria is "10/10 in client satisfaction; top rated; industry leader; awards; associations; publications; speaking engagements (and other)."
- Board-Certified Specialist in Family Law, 1981 (Board of Legal Specialization, State Bar of California.)
- AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® 1981